In this article we will discuss some tips that you can use to protect your identity when shopping online and your credit card information. If you are a beginner and want to get accurate and up-to-date information about the latest developments in the world of technology, as well as practical tips and advice for staying safe and secure online, you need to visit usergorilla.com
* Don’t give out your account details to anyone. If you use your account for shopping or banking online, sharing usernames, passwords, and secret codes is a no-no. This could increase the chance of someone else gaining illegal access your banking information, credit card details, and online shopping cart details.
You should keep this information to your own. This is why we urge you to logout from all online accounts, such as shopping sites, email, and social networking, so that nobody can access them without your permission.
* Check out the security features before you disclose any sensitive information. This is particularly important for applying online for loans, as well as filling out forms to process or complete transactions. Remember that not all sites are secure and can be spied on by hackers.
You should take the time to examine the URL bar, padlock icon, or URL bar at the bottom, as well as the logo of any organizations offering accreditation for online safety, such VeriSign.
* Do not use public computers for transacting online business. Public computers can be vulnerable to hacker attacks. These computers often have weak firewalls as well as outdated anti-virus or anti-malware software.
When shopping and banking online, we recommend you use only your home computer.
* Keep all installed programs up to date. Keep your computer’s anti-virus, spyware, and malware programs up-to-date on a regular basis. These programs serve as your first line protection against any threats to your online security.
You must remember that these free programs are not designed to protect against viruses or malicious software. To be sure of optimal security, you should still purchase and install licensed programs.
* Only visit websites of trusted banks, lenders, and online sellers. Most of these sites use state-of-the art technology to protect online clients and keep confidential information private. This is especially true when you are transacting transactions via the World Wide Web.
Secure payment channels should be used when buying items or booking accommodations and flights online. Your credit cards can be used for financing your purchases and bills. The good news is that most cards come with limited liability privileges to help protect you against fraudulent charges. You can also use secure payment media like PayPal, or electronic money transfers to settle bills and pay for the goods you have purchased using a shopping site.